Oct 27 2008

Getting Things Done System by James Marwood

This is a great little video from James Marwood about how he implements the Getting Things Done methodology for productivity.

This is a very in-depth 11 minute video where James goes into his full paper and electronic based system.

Great to see OmniFocus and also a MoleSkine. James has implemented pretty much the full GTD system including the tickler file.

Check it out to see what you think..

I personally think it is great that so many people are giving back to the GTD Community with videos like this. James’ system seems very organized, which I am sure helps him achieve his daily productivity goals.

1. James said on October 27th, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Thanks for posting this. Hope you guys find it useful :)

2. Oli from the iBlog.com said on October 27th, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Interesting video James, thanks for sharing.

3. Jose Fong said on October 28th, 2008 at 8:18 am

I’m sorry but the post doesn’t show any video. I hope the problem is not on my end.

BTW, this is such a helpful website. Thanks for all the work.

jf

4. Andrew Mason said on October 28th, 2008 at 10:46 am

@ Jose

I am guessing it is a problem at your end as it is fine on all the browsers I have tested it on.

Can you view any other videos at Vimeo?

Thanks, and glad you like the blog!

Andrew..

5. Andrew Mason said on October 28th, 2008 at 10:25 pm

@James:

Would love you to guest post some details about how you implement your GTD system. Let me know if you are interested.

Andrew..

6. Jon said on October 29th, 2008 at 1:17 am

Andrew,

Looking forward to being part of the GTD community. I really like the over all theme to your site as well as the layout. I have put you on my RSS feed and look forward to your future updates.

Jon

7. James said on October 29th, 2008 at 8:15 am

@Andrew Mason:
    I’d be glad to Andrew – drop me a mail and we can discuss.

8. Taragh said on October 30th, 2008 at 9:48 am

I really enjoyed the video. Thank you James. I am interested because I’m breaking in some new habits and have set up a similar system based on GTD and using some of Mark Forster’s methods from “Get Everything Done”. My challenge is sticking to the system – making it a habit.

9. John B. Kendrick said on November 4th, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Thanks Andrew for another great video. John

10. Getting Things Done | Jonathan Bullock’s Blog said on January 11th, 2009 at 2:29 pm

[...] came across this video clip the other day (via DIGTD) that helped me visualise some of the items outlined in the GTD [...]