Feb 22 2009

Productivity, Motivation, and Personal Development Links – 22nd February 2009

Hope you all have had a great week. I passed my exam last Monday that I had been studying hard for over the past few weeks. I made some great Mind Maps that sure did help with the retention of information.

I must write more about my experiences with Mind Mapping as they help me with so many aspects of my life.

Here are my collection of links for this week.

• My first link for this week is a another great post from the MindJet Blog about Getting Projects Done. This post looks at using Mind Manager 8, Google Docs, and Basecamp to streamline your project process. These great posts keep on coming out of Michael Deutch, well done!
  • My second link is a link to a post outlining 69 Great OS X Time Savers. Being a Mac User and somebody who loves saving time I found this a great little list. I do most of the items on the list but I did pick up a few new tips.
  • My third link is a link to a nice little post about Ubiquitous Capture with regards to GTD. I have written a few posts myself on Ubiquitous Capture as they in my opinion, are a key to success with GTD
  • My fourth link is a link to a nice little post about Mind Mapping and GTD. This is from a blogger who luckily attended a Making it All Work seminar in Amsterdam.
  • My fifth and last link for this week is an Introduction to GTD for Fashion People from the Ann Ching Wang blog. Nice read from somebody with a different perspective.

I attended another Northern UK Bloggers meetup on Friday. Another great meeting and great to share ideas and thoughts with fellow bloggers.

Wishing you all a productive week, as always!

Andrew..

1. Michael Deutch said on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Andrew, first beer’s on me mate, next time I’m UK bound! Thanks for the link! And congrats on passing the exam!

2. Andrew Mason said on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:46 pm

@Michael Deutch:
    I will hold you to that beer! Keep up the great work..

3. CJW said on February 27th, 2009 at 7:15 am

GTD is a great concept.

4. CJW said on February 27th, 2009 at 7:16 am

PS — Outlook track-it is my favorite GTD software because it’s a small toolbar plugin for outlook where you can set email followup reminders.

5. Alik Levin | PracticeThis.com said on February 28th, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Liked MindJet blog about projects done – thanks for sharing

6. Webkinz said on March 1st, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Thanks for making the list. I haven’t time to look through all stuff and like when people choose best of it.

7. Hip Hop Videos said on March 8th, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Congratulations on passing the exam! I’m glad to hear mind-mapping worked out well for you. I’ve considered using it as a tool in the classroom for when I start teaching (1 more year to go of grad school for me!)

8. [...] Blog: Getting Things Done GTD with Personal Development and Motivation for Success tagged with: Productivit√ɬ© Post: http://www.didigetthingsdone.com/2009/02/22/productivity-motivation-and-personal-development-l… [...]