Apologies for not much activity from me last week. I had to teach at college two nights instead of the usual one as well as the prep work I needed to do for a college assignment I delivered on Thursday. Combine this with a hectic work week and an office move on Friday and you can kind of see the week I have had 🙂
Luckily, all my tasks got done, just did not have a great deal of time to write the blog.
Here are my collection of links for this week.
- My first link for this week is a great GTD Primer from Black Belt Productivity. I found this via Twitter and it is great for anybody new getting into GTD and productivity.
- My second link is a post from Mr Self Development about the Science of Getting Things Done. Nice simple information that is worth a read.
- My third link is a link to a post titled When GTD Goes Too Far: How To Avoid Productivity Paranoia from the Bizzy Women blog. I posted this via Twitter and had a ton of ReTweets as it was a post with a great title that drew attention from the productivity crowd. I do agree with some of the points here. Sometimes we can get too focused on the methodology and we all need to relax a little.
- My fourth link is a link from John Morris about the Weekly Review. David Allen himself states that the Weekly Review is the normal part of the GTD Methodology where advocates fail. I know from my own experience that I can suffer from an inability to perform my review. I missed Fridays last week!
- My fifth and last link is a link to a little post about Ubiquitous Capture. I have blogged about this before
Well, going to spend some family time now as I am traveling again this week. This time I am on the South Coast of England, so hopefully the weather will be good. I am staying in a hotel with a superb seafood restaurant so I hope the lobster is good!
Have a great week!