I have been using The Sparrow Mail App for quite a while now and it has taken me away from the inbuilt Mail.app. I will be covering some cool workflow and integration I have done with Sparrow in the coming months but for now, check out the intro video.
I hope you are all ready for Valentines tomorrow? It is my wife’s birthday so we get to celebrate two things, and I do not have any excuses to miss either!
Here are my collection of links for this week.
- My first link for this week is to a great Getting Things Done post titled The Solo Attorney’s Introduction to Getting Things Done. I do like these introductory posts to the GTD methodology and always enjoy hearing how other people are Getting Things Done.
- My second link is to a great post from my wife titled Cherish the Moment. Now this is not truly productivity related but it is a post that teaches us the important of living where you are right now. Do not get caught up in the journey but stop and enjoy yourself where you are, right now.
- My third link is to a post from the whole self blog called decluttering, it’s the way forward. I must admit that my wife is a master at de-cluttering and I have learned to harness the power of de-cluttering from her.
- My fourth link is a link to a video comparison of Microsoft OneNote and Evernote. Being a Mac user, I have never used Microsoft OneNote but I do know that Evernote does everything I need it to do!
- My fifth and last link is to a shortlist of OSX Time & Project Management Apps. Being a Mac user I found this a great list of apps I might not have known about.
Hope you all have a great week ahead!
Thought I would post this in the spirit of Christmas.
It made me laugh as it is so true to how we live our lives today!
Just stumbled across this video on YouTube.com so I thought I would share it.
The video is David Allen talking about the new GTD Workflow map.
I recently purchased the new GTD Workflow posters but must admit that it is still in the tube it arrived in as it arrived just before Christmas and I have not had the chance to get a frame for it yet.
As always, I am very interested in hearing your thought on this GTD Workflow map.
This is a nice little video from Brent Newhall that I recently found via Twitter. Worth a look, I need to make one of these for myself..
I blogged on Wednesday of this week about a GTD Video featuring Jon Larkowski.
This is a GTD talk in the Pecha Kucha format, a japanese invention. The term literally translates to ‘the sound of conversation.’ The format is explicit and constraining. A speaker supplies 20 slides. Each slide is displayed for 20 seconds. The result is a focused six minute and forty second talk on a topic.
Great presentation and thanks Jon for the heads up!
Just found this nice interview from Jon Larkowski about how he uses Getting Things Done.
Jon is a Ruby developer and fellow GTD advocate.
You can also follow Jon on Twitter to keep up with his GTD progress.
This site is to provide 2 minute productivity shows on a weekly basis.
Below is an example of one of the videos from the site.
These are great little videos and well worth checking out.
I have been a massive fan of Zig Ziglar since hearing one of his CDs by chance a good 10 years ago.
The Ziglar Corporation are a training and development company that have really embraced the Internet and Social Media. The company is now headed by Zig’s Son, Tom Ziglar.
They have a great blog and do some really good Video Podcasts that are available from iTunes.
Below is a short video with Tom and his Father Zig where they talk about Twitter and the benefit it has brought to the Ziglar Corporation.
You can follow Tom Ziglar on Twitter.
Also, be sure to follow me on Twitter for some great productivity tips and advice.