Happy New Year!
I hope you have all had a great Christmas holiday. Tomorrow is the start of a new working year as we are all back to work after the holidays.
The dawn of a New Year is a great time to take stock and get organized. So there is no better time to subscribe to this blog and start down the road to productivity!
I thought I would dedicate this week to a series of links regarding the New Year and all that it brings from a productivity viewpoint.
Here are my collection of links for this week.
- My first link for this week is a post that I wrote over two years ago called What’s Wrong With New Years Resolutions. Although I of course agree and advocate setting goals, I always find that New Years Resolutions fail. This is because you should not wait to create a goal. I will write an update post about this in the coming week.
- My second link is a link to a post from Elle Magazine titled 7 Ways to Find Happiness in 2010. This is quite a long article focused on New Years Resolutions and it also features David Allen, the founder of the Getting Things Done Methodology.
- My third link is to a frank but true post from Rock Your Day titled What No One Will Tell You About The New Year. Now this is a post that I agree with. The New Year is not a new start, it is a new day. However, there is no better time to start planning for the future so if you need a new year boost, go for it!
- My fourth link is a link to a great post from Leo at ZenHabits titled
The Definitive Guide to Sticking to Your New Year’s Resolutions. Awesome post from Leo and the 6 changes method sounds a great way to implement and achieve your resolutions.
- My fifth and last link is a link to the updated 2010 GTD Calendar from Stephen Smiths Productivity blog. I featured this calendar a while back and though I would mention it again as he has updated it for 2010.
I hope you all have a great week and enjoy getting your ship in shape for 2010!