In the past couple of days, both the Mac and iPhone/iPod Touch versions of Evernote have been upgraded.
For those of you who have not seen Evernote, it is an application that allows you to capture and process notes. These notes can be text, photos, web clippings and much more. Evernote is available as a Web application, a Windows application, a Mac application, and an iPhone/iPod Touch application.
The Mac version is now at version 1.16 The improvements for this version are as follows:
- You can now create bulleted and numbered lists, tables, and horizontal rules within your notes using the spiffy new note toolbar. We’ve made a bunch of smaller tweaks and enhancements that are less noticeable, but will make typing notes a lot better.
- Ever wanted to type a link into a note, or, better yet, remove one that was already in there? Well now you can. Just CMD+click, select Link from the menu, and choose Add. To remove a link, hover over the link, CMD+click, select Link from the menu, and choose Remove.
- This is one of our releases aimed at improving many aspects of Evernote that you may not see. Trust us, these changes will make your overall experience with Evernote much more positive.
The iPhone and iPod Touch version of the app is now at version 1.5. The main updates to version 1.5 are as follows:
- Voice Notes are now available on iPod Touch when the microphone headset is used.
- Enhanced support for European mobile carriers.
- Improved camera orientation handling
- Misc bug fixes
I still use Evernote and must admit that it is a great application that I could probably get a lot more out of. I will have to start to look for new ways of using it.
Do you use Evernote? If so I would love to hear how you use it so please comment on this post.