Just a quick post to test out the posting functionality of WordPress 2.7 which I upgraded this blog to earlier today.
All seems in order, had a sight issue with some of the plugins not getting re activated after my upgrade.
I am very impressed with the new WordPress interface. I think this is probably the biggest cosmetic update that I have ever seen to WordPress and I am going to enjoy learning all the cool ways of using it in the most productive way.
For those of you who are interested, I performed the upgrade from 2.6.3 to 2.7 using the WordPress Automatic Upgrade Plugin. All went really smooth and worked fine.
If you find anything that is broken or does not work as expected, please let me know.
In the past couple of days, both the Mac and iPhone/iPod Touch versions of Evernote have been upgraded.
For those of you who have not seen Evernote, it is an application that allows you to capture and process notes. These notes can be text, photos, web clippings and much more. Evernote is available as a Web application, a Windows application, a Mac application, and an iPhone/iPod Touch application.
The Mac version is now at version 1.16 The improvements for this version are as follows:
- You can now create bulleted and numbered lists, tables, and horizontal rules within your notes using the spiffy new note toolbar. We’ve made a bunch of smaller tweaks and enhancements that are less noticeable, but will make typing notes a lot better.
- Ever wanted to type a link into a note, or, better yet, remove one that was already in there? Well now you can. Just CMD+click, select Link from the menu, and choose Add. To remove a link, hover over the link, CMD+click, select Link from the menu, and choose Remove.
- This is one of our releases aimed at improving many aspects of Evernote that you may not see. Trust us, these changes will make your overall experience with Evernote much more positive.
The iPhone and iPod Touch version of the app is now at version 1.5. The main updates to version 1.5 are as follows:
- Voice Notes are now available on iPod Touch when the microphone headset is used.
- Enhanced support for European mobile carriers.
- Improved camera orientation handling
- Misc bug fixes
I still use Evernote and must admit that it is a great application that I could probably get a lot more out of. I will have to start to look for new ways of using it.
Do you use Evernote? If so I would love to hear how you use it so please comment on this post.
I have mentioned in a few posts that I have been working on a new theme for this site and also looking to update the content to broaden the sites horizons.
Well, I am glad to say that the new design is imminent and hopefully will be on the site in the next couple of days.
I have used Unique Blog Designs to carve me a custom theme to facilitate my new launch.
Got a few things planned for the new site that should widen its appeal.
Over the next few days the format and layout may go a bit strange whilst we iron out any issues.
Look forward to speaking to you all via my updated blog.
Thanks, and have a great day!