Well, Christmas is over for another year. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and you didn’t over indulge too much. At least leaving some space for the New Year Celebrations!
I had a great Christmas. Nice quality time with the family and it was the first Christmas that my twins really understood. Seeing it all through a child’s eye is what makes Christmas so special.
On Christmas Eve, the post lady delivered me a nice surprise, my copy of the new David Allen Book, Making it all Work. I have already started reading it and will be reviewing it as I read it rather than at the end. I may get the first review done today if I get the time as we are heading out to Aysgarth Falls in the Yorkshire Dales for a nice walk and then some food.
Here are my collection of links for this week.
- My first link for this week is a link to an article published on Wired.com about the Diary of a Self Help Dropout. It focuses on the Four Hour Work Week from Timothy Ferris.
- My second link is a link to a new blog for me and some GTD’esque thoughts from Mike titled Divide by Zero – My Draft Zen to Done Setup. This is another new blog that I am linking to and he seems to be getting something out of his implementation of GTD.
- My third link is a link to an article from Slowdownfast.com titled Your End-of-Year Personal Inventory: 6 Signs You May Need an Accountability Partner. This is a good read with the New Year looming!
- My fourth link is a link a great new eBook from Leo over at ZenHabits.com. The eBook is a companion book to Leo’s new book called the Power of Less. The eBook is titled Thriving on Less and provides some good basics for reducing your financial burden in these times of recession.
- My fifth and last link for this week is a link to an article titled Surviving the Recession: It’s Back to Basics from the Learn Software Institute. This is another recession based article but one that mentions GTD as a methodology that will help you get a grip of your tasks and priorities to help you improve and beat the recession.
That is it for this week. I am working a few days closing down some projects and then getting ready for the New Year. I will try to fit some more posts in before 2009.